We would like to welcome you to our beautiful After School Care facilities. In line with the rest of our school this area also has a native tree name - so we welcome you to our Koromiko Suite! Hours are 2.45pm until 5.45pm. Contact email is email@example.com
- Water is the only drink on offer.
- Fruit - is offered at both snack times (2.30pm & 4.30pm) and students are expected to have a piece of fruit along with their sandwiches. If you know of anyone who may have cheap seasonal fruit – please let us know. This will help to keep costs down.
- Sandwiches – a variety of non-nut spreads are available.
- Occasionally there may be a special occasion when treats are given. Please let the staff know if you are against this for your child.
- Food allergies known to the school are already known by After School Care staff.
- Recycling bins are now used as with the rest of the school.
- Zero waste continues – rubbish brought to school needs to be taken home to be recycled.
Home Work / Home Learning:-
- There will be a designated ‘Home Learning’ time set aside for everyone. This will be at around 3.30pm for about 20 minutes. This will be a quiet, settled time for everyone so that home learning activities can be achieved.
If a child has no specific home learning activity there will always be plenty of books to read and share with others or basic facts and spelling to learn. Older students are able to use our quiet Koromiko Tahi room for completing work or researching on safe based computers at other times as well.
Parent involvement and support with home learning is still encouraged but we do appreciate children and parents may be tired after getting home late, so we have this opportunity available at ASC.
– There is a very good variety of activities and art supplies available for our After School Care students to enjoy. Including swimming in the summer months and use of the adventure playground for Year 3’s and above.
Respecting our environment:-
- We have a wonderful facility for all to enjoy and is used by many groups and needs to be respected by all. Please be aware when you pick your child up that he / she needs to take responsibility for packing up their area before they leave rather than leave a mess for others to tidy. This also helps to develop good habits so please support us in this.
- We have 5 computers set up in the Koromiko Tahi learning area. These computers will have educational software on them as well as being available for home learning time.
- The TV is only linked to video and DVD facilities and students later in the day may be able to watch a selection of programmes chosen for them.
- During Terms 1 & 4, as with the rest of our School, our school sun hats must be worn if students are out in the sun. Otherwise they will need to remain in designated shade areas.
At present the rates and conditions are as follows:-
· $6 per hour per child
· One child per week capped at $60
· Two children per week capped at $120
· Three children per week capped at $160
· All bookings will be charged at a minimum fee of 1 hour. All charges thereafter will be charged in ½ hour slots.
There is a late fee penalty payment for children left after 5.45pm - $10 for the first 15 mins and $25 after 6pm.